Procedure for issuing Telkom SIM cards to students.
1. Students register their intent to be facilitated with data bundles by updating their profile in the SMIS portal and indicating their preferred Telkom outlet.
2. The requests are downloaded by ICTC and forwarded to the respective college for review and approval.
3. Upon approval, the approved list is forwarded to ICT Centre.
4. ICT Centre sends instructions to Telkom to configure and issue the TelKom line.
5. Telkom activates the SIM card and sends it to the student's chosen Telkom outlet.
6. The student is alerted by the outlet to go pick the line when it is ready via the mobile number provided when requesting for facilitation.
NOTE: Students should not go to pick the SIM card in their preferred Telkom outlets until they are alerted when the SIM card is ready.
There is no need to get another Telkom card if you already have one. However, the number should be shared with the University to be activated.