A World class Institute of Urology and Nephrology committed to excellence in scholarly, scientific and service delivery.
To provide quality urological and nephrological education, service and training and embody the aspiration of the Kenya and global community.
The overall objective of Institute of Urology and Nephrology is to develop a world class institution that facilitates the realisation of the vision to strengthen health training, research capacity and provision of services to the local and international communities, more so in the East and Central African region.
The institute intends to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Set up an institution that facilitates training of trans-disciplinary experts capable of meeting the emerging challenges in the field of nephron-urology in developing countries as well as promotion of health;
- Facilitate cross disciplinary research by experts from diverse backgrounds, thus creating an environment that appreciates strength and unity in diversity;
- Provide multidisciplinary services and consultancies to communities at local and regional levels;
- Be the institute of choice for training and research to undergraduate, postgraduate and other health care providers in the field of nephrourology.
- Provide the forum for interrogating important current and emerging issues in the field of kidney and urological diseases.